[TYPO3-english] disable sorting and delete buttons from backend field of type "group" in custom extension

Jochem Nabuurs jochem at roquin.nl
Thu Aug 19 14:35:23 CEST 2010

Jochem Nabuurs wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm writing a custom extension which uses a group-type field to show
> related records. This is the code I'm using:
> 'tx_roqfeuserext_related_cvs' => array(
>         'exclude' => 1,
>         "label" =>
> "LLL:EXT:roq_fe_user_ext/locallang_db.xml:fe_users.tx_roqfeuserext_related_cvs",
>
>         "config" => Array (
>             "type" => "group",
>             "internal_type" => "db",
>                 "allowed" => "tx_roqbanenbank_cvs",
>             "size" => "5",
>             "maxitems" => "5",
>             "minitems" => "0",
>             "show_thumbs" => "1",
>         )
>     ),
>
> It works like a charm, but what I like to do is adjust the rendering so
> no sorting and delete buttons are available. Or make the field readonly,
>  whilst retaining the possibility to edit the selected fields through
> the "show_thumbs" value. I know there's a value "readOnly" available
> within the "config" context, but when I set that value, it cancels the
> effect of "show_thumbs".
>
> Hope someone has a solution.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Jochem

in addition: when displaying the field in the backend, setting the
show_thumbs value generates a list of thumbnails with relations to the
records. Right now, the text next to the thumbnail displays the uid of
the record being edited, and the uid of the linked record in []. Like
this (uid of record being edited: 18256):

<thumbnail> 18256 [3]

Is there a way to change the behavior above, so that the thumbnail
record displays the actual title of the record, instead of the id of the
record being edited...