[TYPO3-english] Show and collapse submenus

Bill Young billyoung at cox.net
Thu Aug 12 18:00:00 CEST 2010

Fran,

I needed to do the same thing and didn't see a straightforward way to do
it with typoscript or any of the extensions that I found.  I ended up
writing my own extension to display the menu.  I'm sure there is a much
cleaner way to do this.  But, this gave me exactly what I needed.  See
the attached extension script.

To call the extension from typoscript, you can put a mark in your
template for the menu and tie it to the extension using something like
the following:

   page.10.marks.MAIN_MENU = USER_INT
   page.10.marks.MAIN_MENU.userFunc = user_ppc_pi1->main_menu

Hope it helps.

Bill