[TYPO3-english] Boost page ranking of TYPO3

bernd wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Tue Aug 10 12:43:35 CEST 2010

Am Tue, 10 Aug 2010 11:15:32 +0300 schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:

> Hi!
>
> ben van 't ende wrote:
>> Please place a link to typo3.org with one of the following linktexts:
>
> I hope this does not lead to penalties from Google. Have a look to
> bullets #2 and #3 in Webmaster Guidelines:
>
> http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?
hl=en&answer=35769#3

> Sometimes even giants like BMW are banned. BMW German site was banned
> once for violating these guidelines and it was hard for them to get back
> to Google index: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4685750.stm

BMW did a lot of bad tricks:
http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Google-sperrt-nun-auch-deutsche-
Webseiten-mit-versteckten-Suchwoertern-aus-172419.html

some translation from this german news:
headline:
google locks out german websites with hidden searchwords

second paragraph:
one of the first affected is the german carbuilder BMW, who's javascript
based startpage is removed from the google hits. BMW uses a so called
doorway-page, which is indeed underlayed with invisible text, in which
senseless added words like Gebrauchtwagen, Jahreswagen and BMW are added.
For google such an approach is not usefull to readers of the page, but to
the owner, who artifically attract surfers to his website.

> Probably a better scheme would be if people write a series of articles
> about TYPO3 and post them on different blogs linking to typo3.org under
> various good keywords (including title tag in the link). That would rank
> even better because articles will be full of good information and
> keywords.

more information will always give a better ranking (and more keywords) at
google.

I have understand Ben's call as a tip to improve the existing links to
TYPO3. Having somewhere mentioned TYPO3 at your website you can make a
link from it (as far as you don't had done it yet) and secondly give it
the intended information (enterprise, open source, CMS) by inserting it
as linked text and/or as link-title.
Additional everyone can insert some small text like 'this site was build
with <link>TYPO3</link>' on every website-imprint.

Penalties could be given from linkfarms or by doubling the available
links from social bookmarks within one week (one customer of mine asked
all his friends to subscribe to social bookmarks and insert his page to
double the links from extern. one week later the page was removed for two
month from the index).
But I think TYPO3 is linked well and this call would not explode the
available links to get a penalty (and I hope we all will build proper
links than just linkfarms)

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html