[TYPO3-english] Run something regullary

Gulay Boris boris at boressoft.ru
Thu Aug 5 22:07:41 CEST 2010

Is there any way to run some action (provided by plugin) on a rugular
basis (let's say every two minutes)?

Some details. I have two plugins: one is providing front end interface
for users.  Users can make requests with this interface. This requests
are inserted into DB table that acts as a queue.
Second plugin scans this table periodically (here I need requested
functionality), generates files, adds this files as attachment and
sends mails. Generation process is time consuming and I cannot run it
from user interface plugin.

I know that there is a way to run script periodically - cron. But I
want to have some TYPO3 services in my second plugin - t3lib_div,
htmlmail.