[TYPO3-english] RealURL

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Aug 3 17:17:02 CEST 2010

Hi!

Dominique Muhlke - NETFORMIC GmbH wrote:
> i have heared about the feature that realurl in Version 1.9.x is able to
> overwrite the whole pathsegment(not only own path segment),

No such feature.

> e.g
>
>  Root
>
> -News
>
> -- Newslist
>
> Would be /news/newslist/

This is called "skipping a segment on the path". Basically you can skip one
or more segments ("News" in this case).

> So dimitry if you read this, please implement that ;)

I process only feature requests from the bug tracker. So if you want a new
feature, please, make sure it is in the bug tracker. Mailing lists or
e–mails or form posts do not result in any implementation. This is because
we have a single central place for all requests, where both developers and
users can track the progress.

I cannot promise any particular implementation because it takes time to
implement. If the feature is sponsored, that's speeds up implementation.
Otherwise it awaits until I have time or somebody else makes a patch. Daily
job, customer projects or sponsored projects always take priority. Free
work goes last.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member