[TYPO3-english] Global Extension folder deprecated?

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Tue Aug 3 08:18:44 CEST 2010

Hi Georg

I received a message saying the following:

"For what its worth, I'm pretty sure that global installation is deprecated
so I would be careful about using it in case it goes away in the future."

So that is why this question came up, as we like many others who use the
global extension folder will be affected on it, it would be nice to hear
more about this intention. Is it only a rumor or is it real?

Andi