[TYPO3-english] How to write something to file with BE module

Dawid Pacholczyk dpacholczyk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 14:18:30 CEST 2010

Ok one more time.

I have a server where I`ve installed the TYPO3. Now I`m creating there an
extension (BE Module) and I want it to create a file on server.

I`ve tested the permission by using this code:
> $fp = fopen('file.txt', 'w');
> fwrite($fp, $content);
> fclose($fp):

and I`m running it via browser by typing in browser:

http://serveraddres/typo3conf/ext/ext_name/mod1/test.php

and it works great

when I`m putting the same code (those 3 lines) it isn`t writing content into
the file. File is opened (function returns true) but it isn`t writing
anything.

2010/8/2 Dmitry Dulepov <dmitry at typo3.org>

> Hi!
>
> Dawid Pacholczyk wrote:
> > cause if run this code
>
> Run where? In the server-side code or from the command line?
>
> > $fp = fopen('file.txt', 'w');
> > fwrite($fp, $content);
> > fclose($fp):
> >
> > the $content is written to the file, but when I`l run this code (and this
> > function you gave me is nothing more than that code) nothing happens
>
> So if the code above works, why don't you use it?
>
> --
> Dmitry Dulepov
> TYPO3 core&security team member
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/dmitryd