[TYPO3-english] builduing a correct tt_news single link

David Bruchmann typo3-en at bruchmann-web.de
Mon Aug 2 00:15:52 CEST 2010

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
Von:        Lina Wolf <liste at linawolf.de>
Gesendet:   Sonntag, 1. August 2010 23:25:20
An:         typo3-english at lists.typo3.org
CC:
Betreff:    Re: [TYPO3-english] builduing a correct tt_news single link

Hi Lina,

> If you decide to always have the data in the parameter of the url to the
> tt_news single view then you wouldnt want to have urls that look different
> build by another extension. that would give you duploicate content.

No, the single-news-pid has to be set by the configuration of your
extension - perhaps read from the TypoScript if your extension is
comfortable. Then you get the parts for tt_news like
/index.php?id=123&tt_news[tt_news]=123&tt_news[backpid]=234

Even for the case that one parameter is noted two times in a URL the
first one is ignored - always! That's no TYPO3-property but a general
URL-handling because the keys and values are just filled in a named array.

How the URL looks like after being processed by realURL or another
Extension doesn't matter but usally it's translated correct.

But I've never ever had double content only because of the URL.

> Well I solved it by copying getSingleViewLink and creating all variables
> that are needed. But I think thats not really a satisfying way to do it as
> its very complicated: ...

Question is, where from you get the parameters to call your function or
to fill always the right values. I suppose you've a complicated function
where most parts are never used.

Concerning URL-paramters of and for other extensions surely it's up to
you to decide if you want to integrate them in your urls or if you just
ignore them.

BTW: reading your posts I'm missing the impression being treated
friendly - keyword netiquette

Greets,
David