[TYPO3-english] builduing a correct tt_news single link

David Bruchmann typo3-en at bruchmann-web.de
Sun Aug 1 23:19:19 CEST 2010

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
Von:        Lina Wolf <liste at linawolf.de>
Gesendet:   Sonntag, 1. August 2010 22:04:44
An:         typo3-english at lists.typo3.org
CC:
Betreff:    [TYPO3-english]  builduing a correct tt_news single link
> tt_news has many, many ways to configure the building links for the single
> view. It may or may not contain dates or categories. sometimes the single
> view pid is configured by caegory, with or without backpid etc.
>
> If I want to create a link to the tt_news single view from another
> extension, how can I create a correct tt_news link.

Hi Lina,

in usual cases I'd propose that you only need the single-page-uid and
the news-record-uid, perhaps the backlink-pid.

In the class pi/class.tx_ttnews.php there is a function for constructing
the URL:
getSingleViewLink(&$singlePid, &$row, $piVarsArray, $urlOnly = false)
but I suppose you can't always know which params to fill in.

As long as you link only to single-view I suppose you can omit
categories and many other options because when you know already the
single-news-uid then most other options aren't important for any choice.
And by the way the other parameters should be build correctly by realUrl
or coolUri when you transfer the correct base-parameters.

One Interesting Parameter is perhaps a special page of the pagebrowser
when an article is splitted in several sub-pages. But it would be a
special extension if you'd need that.

Greeets,
David