[TYPO3-english] Indexed Search - enabling a page browser ?

Christophe Stadler cs at cs-cc.com
Wed Apr 28 15:16:31 CEST 2010

Thx for your help Riccardo !

The only other search related extension i have is doc_indexed_search but as
far as i understand this is only the help module for the Backend (Help>Typo3
Manual>index_config )

I am using jQuery as well but nothing too complicated or exotic. I thought
maybe there could be a conflict so once indexed search was setup and working
I tried the accessible extensions because i don¹t need/want a Javascript
pagebrowser but none of them worked. I also tried the Ajax autocomplete
extensions and again these don¹t work.

To set up indexed search i did this:

Install extension

Added the lines:

> plugin.tx_indexedsearch.searchUID = 80
> plugin.tx_indexedsearch.showAdvanced = 1
> page.config.index_enable = 1

To the setup of my root template.

The i created a new content element (type=plugin) on the search page (id=80)
and slected 'Indexed search' in the Plugin tab)

I then browsed my site frontend on another browser and the indexes got
created. From then on the indexed search on the search page worked as
expected.

I then mapped a new Templavoila element to an empty div with a Typoscript
object path of lib.isearch.

Then added these lines to the setup of the root template:

> lib.isearch = COA_INT
> lib.isearch {
>   stdWrap.prefixComment = 2 | lib.isearch
>   10 = TEXT
>   10.typolink.parameter = {$plugin.tx_indexedsearch.searchUID}
>   10.typolink.returnLast = url
>   10.wrap = <div id="indexedsearchbox"><form action="|" method="post"
> id="indexedsearch"><div class="searchCell">
>   20 = COA
>   20 {
>     5 = TEXT
>      5.value = <input name="search"
> src="fileadmin/templates/ideeal2/images/search-icon.png" value="Search"
> class="searchbox-button" type="image" />
>      10 = TEXT
>     10.data = GPvar : tx_indexedsearch |sword
>     10.wrap = <span><input name="tx_indexedsearch[sword]" value="|"
> class="searchbox-sword" type="text" size="15" /></span>
>     20 = COA
>     20 {
>       wrap = &nbsp;|
>       10 = TEXT
>       10.value = <input type="hidden" name="tx_indexedsearch[sections]"
> value="0" />
>       20 = TEXT
>       20.value = <input name="tx_indexedsearch[submit_button]" value="Search"
> type="hidden" />
>
>     }
>   }
>   30 = COA
>   30 {
>     wrap = <span id="advanced">|</span>
>     10 = TEXT
>     10.value = Advanced search »
>     10.typolink.parameter = {$plugin.tx_indexedsearch.searchUID}
>     10.typolink.additionalParams = &tx_indexedsearch[ext]=1
>     if.isTrue = {$plugin.tx_indexedsearch.showAdvanced}
>   }
> }

Now i have a searchbox on every page of y website which also works as
expected.

On 4/28/10 1:52 PM, in article
mailman.1.1272459368.19720.typo3-english at lists.typo3.org, "Riccardo De