[TYPO3-english] Setting up a private TER

bernd wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Fri Apr 23 14:51:27 CEST 2010

Am Fri, 23 Apr 2010 12:20:09 +0200 schrieb hinterindien:

> Hello,
>
> I am developing a new extension and want to store it in a private
> repository, from where I could upload it to the live site.
>
> In the net, I found a tutorial how to set up a private ter:
>
> http://blog.sfeni.de/privates-typo3-extension-repository-ter/
>
> Does anybody know if this is still state-of-the-art? Or are there
> meanwhile easier ways to set up a private TER?

I don't know much about private TERs.

I would ask: do you need a TER?
for one extension?

you can install an extension without TER just by uploading it in the
Extension Manager.
This is the kind I transfer sometimes (modified) extensions from one
installation to another:
Backup the extension from the first installtion to local drive and upload
and install it on the other installation.

I think a TER will be handy if you have a bunch of extensions with
different versions which you want to use in a lot of installations.
Be aware that you have to configure these installations to uses your TER
and change it afterwards to use the official TER again (as long as you
don't mirror the official TER)

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html