[TYPO3-english] Write to log within eID extension

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 10:48:35 CEST 2010

Hi!

Simon Strandgaard wrote:
> I'm on a server where I cannot tail -f the php_error.log. I interested in
> writing to the log module in order to debug my code.
>

> Within a regular plugin this code works, but sadly BE_USER is not
> initialized in my eID code.

BE_USER is for Backend only, eID is Frontend. You need t3lib_devLog() + any
of "devlog" extensions (my favorite is rlmp_filedevlog).

Get the book on extension development to see how to program extensions
correctly: http://packtpub.com/typo3-extension-development/

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 security team member