[TYPO3-english] Optimized tt_news usage?

joel zimmerli baden32 at yahoo.fr
Tue Apr 20 15:37:45 CEST 2010

My website will be administrated by several (5-6) different persons. Everyone will be responsible of a specific section and all these sections will have a news category.

1. In all pages of a given category (entry page and all subpages), only news for this category should be displayed.
2. On the website homepage, an aggregation of the 4-5 last news comming from all these categories should be displayed

What is the best way to get this result using tt_news? Should I put all the news at the same place and use category/sub-category or add news entries directely below each section?

Draft and live workspace will be used: responsible person will prepare their news and a publisher will finally put them online.

Thank you in advance for your help.
BD