[TYPO3-english] Moving content + extensions from devsite to livesite

Christian Hennecke christian.hennecke at os2voice.org
Tue Apr 20 12:46:18 CEST 2010

Simon Strandgaard schrieb:
> On my local computer I have developed some plugins and created a pagetree
> with content.
>
> How does one move it to the livesite?
>

> I have clicking around in the export wizard
> List view -> Page tree -> Page item -> Popup menu -> More options... ->
> Export to .t3d
>
> A typo3 friend of mine warned me that there can be collisions with PIDs and
> UIDs

If you import into a non-empty installation.

> I tried exporting and importing into an empty TYPO3 site (also on my local
> computer)
> and it seemed like templavoila things was missing.
>

> How does one move things around without collision?
>
> Is there a standard procedure for it, or an extension that does it?
>
> Is there a checklist so that one is fairly sure the export is good?
>
> Is there a checklist so that one is fairly sure the import doesn't go bad?

The export feature only exports *content* like pages and content items
but neither extensions nor stuff from fileadmin/. If you want to clone
your development system, have a look at the following extensions in the TER:

mmsynchro
completebackup

I haven't used them myself.