[TYPO3-english] Moving content + extensions from devsite to livesite

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Tue Apr 20 12:43:38 CEST 2010

Hi Simon,

Simon Strandgaard kirjoitti:
  > How does one move things around without collision?
>
> Is there a standard procedure for it, or an extension that does it?
>
> Is there a checklist so that one is fairly sure the export is good?
>
> Is there a checklist so that one is fairly sure the import doesn't go bad?

I do copy of a site like this.

A. First I pack and copy the relevant folders in the source site
(fileadmin, typo3conf, typo3temp (this is maybe unnecessary to copy),
uploads).

B. make a fresh TYPO3 installation in the destination site

C. make a mysqldump of the source site (with SSH client):
mysqldump -u sourcesitedbusername -p sourcesitedbname >
sourcesitefilename.sql

D. import the sourcesitefilename.sql file to the destination site and
replace the db with it:
mysql -u destinationsitedbusername -p destinationsitedbname <
sourcesitefilename.sql

E. import the other packed files and unpack them.

Very fast and reliable - in my case both source and destination have
been linux systems.

--
With kind regards

Katja Lampela