[TYPO3-english] Correct file permissions for Typo3

bernd wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Sat Apr 17 16:26:37 CEST 2010

Am Sat, 17 Apr 2010 05:04:34 +0200 schrieb Manfred Palmer:

> [...] .I'm using a low-cost, non-dedicated web server and chose a
> free-of-charge Content management system...You probably won't have to be
> a finance expert in order to estimate the contents of my wallet. ;)
>
> Anyways, I should get back to my little low-budget server and make this
> work. *pulls up the sleeves of his 2nd-hand-t-shirt*

selecting a very cheap server migh be a bad idea. like trying to move a 4-
person household with a bicycle because 'a bike is cheaper than a truck'.

TYPO3 needs a lot of resources and being able to run PHP and mySQL does
not mean at all you can run TYPO3.
I advice a professional TYPO3-hosting for everyone who is not much
experienced with serverconfiguration (and the same if you are not allowed
to configure your server at all). Otherwise you need to invest more time
than it will cost to get a good service. and may be you are not able to
get TYPO3 running in a smooth way.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html