[TYPO3-english] htmlAreaRTE: Why the editor area is in "Path: body"?

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Thu Apr 15 11:08:13 CEST 2010

Den 14.04.2010 05:12, skrev Toshiyuki Toda:
> Hi list!
>
> I use htmlareaRTE 1.8.8 with TYPO3 4.3.2.
> Opening htmlareaRTE's editor area in backend, "Path: body" is shown in
> gray bar below.
> however, we don't replace pagecontent with
>
> If I have a html template such as below,
>
> can I change default "Path: body" in "Path: body>>  div#main>>
> div#content" etc.?
>
> --------
> Toshiyuki Toda

htmlArea don't know how your website is designed - how tags are nested.
It only knows that the content are inside body. Therefore it only shows
the body tag.

And htmlArea doesn't put any body tag around the element. I only uses
the tags that are after the body >>. The tags around the content element
are something that css_styled_content has the settings for. Which by the
way can be configured to nearly every need.

So when you are making a content element - which the htmlArea part is
only a part of, your ###pagecontent### markers is substituted with (Text
with image - intext left).

         <h2>My header</h2>
	    Code for the image
	    htmlArea part - for instance
             some text

All this will be put inside your <div id="content"> .. </div> tags.

And the RTE.default.contentCSS settings are not nonsense - like you are
writing in another thread. This is only a setting to tell htmlArea which
CSS-file it shall use for styling different tags and classes inside the
htmlArea.

Regards

Erik Svendsen