[TYPO3-english] tt_news, rss, cooluri and cache

Axel Joensson a.joensson at web.de
Wed Apr 14 16:09:15 CEST 2010

Pero Matic <takoje at takoje.hr> wrote:

> "Axel Joensson" <a.joensson at web.de> wrote in message
> news:mailman.1.1270916690.19584.typo3-english at lists.typo3.org...
> > Hi,
> >
> >> I'm not sure whether the no_cache parameter isn't
> >> ignored in latest TYPO3 version.
> >
> > As far as I can tell, a manually set "&no_cache=1" is working in version
> > 4.3.3-dev (I yesterday manually applied the zip-bugfixes provided on the
> > security bulletin page to a 4.3.2 installation, though register_globals
> > is "off", which however today quite confused me at login when I noticed
> > I suddenly operated a version 4.3.3: "damned, who updated my
> > installation?" But the source is still 4.3.2, its just named different
> > in one of the bugfix files ... sigh).
> >
> > I use the "&no_cache=1" parameter for a search page. As desired, it does
> > however not show up in the URI. Having just recently updated to 4.3.2, I
> > had to enter the parameter again after update, but I am not sure if I
> > had marked it "sticky" before as I did now. So, there is a chance that
> > by the process of updating the installation the nocache-param gets lost
> > and has to be renewed and marked "sticky". After that it is respected in
> > spite of cache clearing and logging in/out.
>
> Axel, i didn't uderstand you quite well. You suppose no_cache is not working
> after upgrade to 4.3.2 but should work in a 4.3.3? What's this with setting
> "sticky". Aha, now i get it. You're talking about CoolURI update?

Hi Pero,

I was talking about if or not a manually set extra parameter
"&no_cache=1" with the option "sticky" marked – which excepts it from
the CoolURI "delete/update all" function – does survive the update from
TYPO3 4.3.2 to 4.3.3-dev, and that I am not sure about. But *if once
set*, the no_cache param is working under 4.3.3-dev, as it did under
4.3.2.
Axel