[TYPO3-english] Problem with sr_feuser_register and php5.3

Timo Pröscholdt timo at proescholdt.de
Wed Apr 14 13:52:02 CEST 2010

Hi everybody,

does anybody know about problems with sr_feuser_register in combination
with php 5.3?

I setup a user registration some time ago and things worked fine, till
recently a blank template (the basic side layout but no content from
sr_feuser_register) started to be shown instead of the registration form.

Nothing was changed in typo3, but I remarked that the server had been
updated from php 5.2 to 5.3 around that time.

However, no error log messages hinting to a php 5.3 API deprecation or
other php issues are written into the apache error log when the
registration page is visited (the logging is working).

The registration pages contain sr_feuser_register as plugin, as
described in the manual.

I also updated sr_feuser_register, but to no avail.

I suspect that this has something to do with the php update, since the
disappearance of the registration form also affects the production site,
which has had no code change at all recently.

I'm running typo3 4.2.10, sr_feuser_register 2.5.24, but updating did
not change the behavior either.

any hints on why this is failing or how to debug this would be very much
appreciated
regards
Timo