[TYPO3-english] Newsletter

Victor Livakovsky v-tyok at mail.ru
Wed Apr 14 11:38:11 CEST 2010

> Hi list
>
> I funny thing has accourd in my newsletter (tcdirectmail). Some recieves
> '='  in the text like this:
> ' 2= 000 besøgende siden starten i februar og mange dejlige tilmeldinger
> til N= yhedsbrevet'.
>
> Some recieves a correct newsletter others don't.
> Why does that happen and how do I correct it?
>
> Thanks
>
> Karin

Hi, Karin.

Your issue is related to quoted-printable encoding of mail and lines,
longer, than 76 chars.
Have a look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quoted-printable section
"Quoted-printable encoding":
"Lines of quoted-printable encoded data must not be longer than 76
characters. To satisfy this requirement without altering the encoded text,
soft line breaks may be added as desired. A soft line break consists of an
"=" at the end of an encoded line, and does not appear as a line break in
the decoded text. These soft line breaks also allow to encode a text without
line breaks (or containing very long lines) for an environment where line
size is limited, such as SMTP. A text line exceeding 1000 bytes cannot be
encoded in e-mail in 8bit (identical, or clear text) encoding because of
SMTP restrictions."

So, maybe problem is on client's side, which can't decode the mail?