[TYPO3-english] scheduled publishing of CHANGED content (workspaces)

bernd wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Tue Apr 13 12:45:50 CEST 2010

Am Mon, 12 Apr 2010 15:09:02 +0200 schrieb jochem nabuurs:

> Hi list,
>
> is it possible for a user inside a workspace to specify the exact time
> of publishing a change. I've read about the CLI option, but could not
> find much documentation and I think it doesn't do what I want it to do.
>
> What i'd like to achieve is the following:
>
> An editor edits an existing news item. The news item is send for review
> to a reviewer. The item is approved and is sent to a publisher for
> publishing. The item needs to be published 10 days from now.
>
> The problem is: if the publisher publishes the item now, the change is
> instantly visible on the site, and not 10 days from now. He can set the
> startdate of the item ("access" tab in the news item) to 10 days in the
> future, but then the item is not shown at all until it's 10 days later.

what about two records?
a new one is created as a copy of the old one, changes can be done and
timed to be shown in ten days.
the existing (old) record is changed to be terminated in ten days (no
further change)

then these two modifications can be published from workspace to live-
version anytime

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html