[TYPO3-english] tt_news, rss, cooluri and cache

Axel Joensson a.joensson at web.de
Sat Apr 10 18:21:32 CEST 2010

Hi,

> I'm not sure whether the no_cache parameter isn't
> ignored in latest TYPO3 version.

As far as I can tell, a manually set "&no_cache=1" is working in version
4.3.3-dev (I yesterday manually applied the zip-bugfixes provided on the
security bulletin page to a 4.3.2 installation, though register_globals
is "off", which however today quite confused me at login when I noticed
I suddenly operated a version 4.3.3: "damned, who updated my
installation?" But the source is still 4.3.2, its just named different
in one of the bugfix files ... sigh).

I use the "&no_cache=1" parameter for a search page. As desired, it does
however not show up in the URI. Having just recently updated to 4.3.2, I
had to enter the parameter again after update, but I am not sure if I
had marked it "sticky" before as I did now. So, there is a chance that
by the process of updating the installation the nocache-param gets lost
and has to be renewed and marked "sticky". After that it is respected in
spite of cache clearing and logging in/out.

HTH,
Axel