[TYPO3-english] Changing domain name of existing Typo3 installation

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Apr 10 17:49:38 CEST 2010

Jannick Bitsch wrote:
> hours, so was hoping one of you could point me in direction of where the
> system configures the base url used for links.
>
> The site runs version 3.7.1

That's quite an antique version ;-) If you don't want to take the chance
that someone hacks the site it is advisable to upgrade to a current
version. If you upgrade it works best to do it in steps: -> 3.8 -> 4.0
-> 4.1 -> 4.2 -> 4.3.3

You will find that a lot of things won't work with old TYPO3 versions in
recent browser versions (the left menu will disappear in FireFox,
clickEnlarge will trigger errors in Internet Explorer).

You may want to check the TypoScript configuration (Web > Template) and
see if the domain is set in config.absRefPrefix and perhaps also in
config.baseURL
Anything in page.config can override the global config settings, so also
check page.config.absRefPrefix .

--
Jigal van Hemert.