[TYPO3-english] Changing domain name of existing Typo3 installation

Jannick Bitsch jannick at ovja.dk
Sat Apr 10 15:24:44 CEST 2010

Hi

Apologies if this ends up as a repost. My first attempt at posting to the
mailing list yesterday didn't seem to go through.

I'm helping a friend moving an existing Typo3 installation to a new webhotel
(and a new domain). The site mostly works great on the new host, but there
are a couple of links that keeps getting generated to the old url/hostname
of the site.

As an example, theres an extension(?) called arotea_loginbox which generates
the action url for a <form from the template line:
   <form action="###LOGINPID###" method="post" name="form" id="form"
class="c1">

where
   $markerArray["###LOGINPID###"] =
$this->pi_getPageLink($this->conf['pidLoginpage'],"_self",array("L" =>
$GLOBALS["TSFE"]->sys_language_uid));

I've changed all occurrences of the old domain-name I've been able to find.
Afterwards I used the install tool to clear temporary data, and finally the
clear cache functions from the backend. When the page regenerates, the old
domain-name is still used. Been banging my head on this for a couple of
hours, so was hoping one of you could point me in direction of where the
system configures the base url used for links.

The site runs version 3.7.1

Regards
Jannick