[TYPO3-english] Pproblems getting typo3 running at one.com's server

Jacob Rasmussen jacob at lightbulb.dk
Wed Apr 7 07:18:13 CEST 2010

Hi Kim,

> You write that it does require hacking of the install script, how do you do
> that to get it working, cus' I tried already to changes some lines in a file
> but it didn't have the wanted effect.

I can remember precisely, because we convinced the customer, that it
would be better to select another hosting provider.
The supporter from one.com is on the right track - as I just found the
snippet from the danish newsgroup:

in class.tx_install.php:

$dbArr = array('YOUR_DATABASE');
//if ($result = $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->sql_pconnect(TYPO3_db_host,
TYPO3_db_username, TYPO3_db_password)) {
//$dbArr = $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->admin_get_dbs();
//}

Please note that the second line gets wrapped by the newsreader, and
should be on a single line in your editor.

That change worked for me half a year ago using the latest 4.2 version -
but as Allan and I said, it's not a good solution, as you will have to
manually hack the script, everytime you make an upgrade to a newer
version of TYPO3.

But you can try and send the script to me - using my email, and I will
look it over, as you might have changed something you shouldn't have.

Regards
Jacob