[TYPO3-english] Google maps extension with categorisation

Jacob Rasmussen jacob at lightbulb.dk
Sun Apr 4 13:56:54 CEST 2010

Hi Jochem,

> I've tried rggooglemap but that one is using xajax, and I'm having
> difficulties getting it to work properly (I'm using jQuery on my site).

I have made an extension which might be what you are looking for.
The extension is not uploaded to TER yet, as the documentation is
lacking - and there are a few rough edges in the backend modules.
If you are interested, you can download the extension in it's current
form here:

http://salema4u.com/T3X_lb_googlemap-0_0_0-z-201004041255.t3x

It requires TYPO3 4.3, and in order to get it to display anything, you
should include the static typoscript template bundled with the plugin.

In the left menu, you can select a map starting point, so when you need
to create new POIs, the map will always center on this point.

To create a category:
  - Go to a sysfolder and create a POI category record
  - As the plugin currently doesn't have any default markers, you should
upload an icon for the category

To create a POI:
  - Go to a sysfolder and create a tt_address record
  - Select which POI category it is associated to and use the map wizard
in order to select it's coordinates

To display the map:
  - Select the map plugin, and select which categories which should be
displayed and select a map center, using the map wizard

Feedback is always welcome, and I hope that you find the extension usable :)

Regards

Jacob Rasmussen