[TYPO3-english] simulateStaticDocuments: Getting rid of "alias" in URLs without loosing page rank!?

Peter Russ peter.russ at 4many.net
Fri Apr 2 18:23:50 CEST 2010

--- Original Nachricht ---
Absender:   Martin Bless
Datum:       02.04.2010 12:08:
> [Peter Russ] wrote & schrieb:
>
>> If you do rewrite correctly (i.e. there is a rule how the link is
>> composed; you can use that to split into the compents), then you would
>> only need a few line of rewrite. That's better than hacking the code or
>> XCLASSing.
>
> Sure. But you do understand that we would need about 1.300 rules to
> translate old eradicated individual aliases to their corresponding
> ids?
>
> Martin

What is the problem to do that: use OO or excel to do the transfer, i.e.
string concatenation, use copy and paste. Or just use some lines of PHP
;-).
After 3 month latest (depending on the traffic and not on the ranking)
all old sites should be updated at Google. Then you can safely remove
the rewrite.
Use the rewrite in the virtual setup of the server as this performce
much better than .htaccess based rewrite rules.

By the way:
IMHO using id is in the URL is the second best option.

Peter.

--
docendo discimus