[TYPO3-english] Pproblems getting typo3 running at one.com's server

Kim Rasmussen kim at minerva13.com
Fri Apr 2 10:55:24 CEST 2010

Hallo

I've tried to get typo3 running at one.com's server, see the following chat
with one of their supporters:

info: Welcome to the One.com chat support. We are doing our best to answer
your queries soon. We kindly ask for your understanding that our answers may
be delayed during busy periods.
info: You are now chatting with 'Camille'
Camille: Thank you for using One.com 24/7 Interactive Online Support. My
name is Camille. How may I assist you?
you: I have tried to get typo3 running at your server, but I get the
following error:
you: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in
/customers/minerva13.com/minerva13.com/httpd.www/typo3/sysext/install/mod/cl
ass.tx_install.php on line 4838
Camille: May I know your domain name please?
you: minerva13.com
Camille: I think the real error is your database connection
you: how can that be solved?
Camille: it says no database selected
you: but I did select a database, but it did not work afther that
Camille: please open the file class.tx_install.php in
/typo3/sysext/install/mod/ folder
you: yes
Camille: the look for the codes:
Camille: function getDatabaseList() {
Camille:      $dbArr=array("minerva13_com");
Camille:          if ($result =
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->sql_pconnect(TYPO3_db_host, TYPO3_db_username,
TYPO3_db_password)) {
Camille:          $dbArr = $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->admin_get_dbs();
Camille:          }
Camille:        return $dbArr;
Camille:        }
Camille: then change it to:
Camille: function getDatabaseList() {
Camille: $dbArr=array("minerva13_com");
Camille: //if ($result = $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->sql_pconnect(TYPO3_db_host,
TYPO3_db_username, TYPO3_db_password)) {
Camille: //$dbArr = $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']->admin_get_dbs();
Camille: //}
Camille: return $dbArr;
Camille: }
you: yes I've done that
Camille: I don't see the 3rd, 4th and 5th line commented out
Camille: please make sure to insert // infront of those lines
you: is it right now?
you: Are you still there?
Camille: I see that the error script remains
Camille: I can see that a colleague sent you an email regarding this error
script. Unfortunately, you will have to troubleshoot this error by yourself.
you can refer to the help forums of typo3 to fix the script of your website

Are someone able to help me getting the problem solved? Cus' it seems like
one.com's support aren't able to help.

Kind redgards

Kim Rasmussen