[TYPO3-english] crawler using realurl urls

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 09:15:47 CEST 2010

Hi Olivier!

(See, I learned to write your name correctly! :D)

Olivier Dobberkau wrote:
> We once patched the crawler so that it creates realurl for a client.
> i am not sure if we sent the patch to the crawler guys.
>
> have a look the change log on forge.
>
> you will need to created the crawling instructions the normal way though.

I think that patch is on forge but it uses RealURL internals and may break in future versions. To be clear: I have no intention to break anything deliberately but internal functions are always subject to change. It is not good to use them directly and it is not good to call RealURL from Backend (crawler works from Backend).

The next version of RealURL will start using PHP5 features and most internal functions will become protected. I am not sure how this will affect your solution. So stay on alert for this, please. If you get problems with the next version, please, contact me, so can figure out the solution.

In case if you need path resolving functionality, consider using pagepath extension. This is the only reliable way to get URLs correctly when using *any* URL schemes (default, realurl, cooluri, simulatestatic). Anything else would be a hack, which is likely to break.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 expert / TYPO3 security team member