[TYPO3-english] no binary imagemagick

Ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Wed Sep 30 15:15:08 CEST 2009

On Sep 30, 2009, at 7:59 AM, Arpad Muranyi wrote:

>>> i need to install typo3 under php5 with built in imagemagick
>>> extension
>>> and no binary.
>>> is it possible?
>>>

>> If your are planning to makr a site without images, then yet :)
>> But in all seriously... TYPO3 needs a command line version of IM or
>> GM.
>>

> okay, thx.
>
> my host would prefer without command line to avoid security risks.
> they
> say enterprise cms should be based on built in php5 extensions rather
> than bringing command line closer to hackers.
>
> will future versions of TYPO3 need binary, as well?
>
> arpad

Your hoster has strange arguments and it almost sounds like
he doesn't know what he is talking about...

There are no plans to move away from IM/GM on the command line.

Under some conditions you can grab a static build of IM and place it
in your TYPO3
installation, then point to that version.

Ries

			regards, Ries van Twisk

- Join us on #TYPO3 on freenode | irc://chat.freenode.net/#typo3

tags: Freelance TYPO3 Glassfish JasperReports JasperETL Flex Blaze-DS
WebORB PostgreSQL DB-Architect
email: ries at vantwisk.nl        web:   http://www.rvantwisk.nl/
skype: callto://r.vantwisk