[TYPO3-english] No InnoDB Engine

David Bruchmann typo3-en at bruchmann-web.de
Tue Sep 29 22:23:30 CEST 2009

----- Ursprüngliche Nachricht -----
Von:        Ryan Bilesky <rbilesky at hotmail.com>
Gesendet:   Dienstag, 29. September 2009 21:27:17
An:         Typo3 Mailing List <typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de>
CC:
Betreff:    Re: [TYPO3-english] No InnoDB Engine
> It has created the tables but now its trying to alter it to use InnoDB, so I take it the engine isn;t important?

Apart from indexed_search there is no system extension that requires
InnoDB and I suppose you can edit the sql-file of indexed_search too.

I don't no which tool offers to alter the created tables but normally
the state is compared with the sql-files. So you have to edit the files
if you want to suppress those messages.

For your Information:
concerning the format of the sql-files, they are supposely build by a
simple output from mysql which isn't in many cases really SQL-Compatible
in relation to other databases. Furthermore you can get always the
original files again by unpacking them from the archive-files. So I see
no reason to keep them untouched.

Running TYPO3 normally should be possible without InnoDB and I practiced
that with earlier versions but about TYPO3-Version 4.28 or 4.29 I can't
asure that by experience.

Best Regards
David