[TYPO3-english] Bug in Advanced DB Search (joh_advbesearch)

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue Sep 29 18:38:47 CEST 2009

> I have a weird problem with Advanced DB Search (joh_advbesearch) on
> one of my sites.
>
> Whenever I click the "Use formatted strings, labels and dates instead
> of original values for results" or the "Don't use original values in
> brackets as prefix for labelled results" checkboxes, the entire form
> dissapears.
>
> If I then try selecting "Advanced DB Search", I just get a blank
> screen in the right frame. (No dropdowns or form)
>
> Site is running TYPO3 v4.2.1
>
> Any suggestions on what might be causing this problem.? (I never had
> problems with this ext. before.)

The intention of this extension was to improve the functionality of DB check
while making it available for non admins as well.
I didn't check the behaviour with newer versions of TYPO3 though, since it
is now integrated into the original DB check which is part of the core.

So please try if DB check works, while the extension does not, to find out
if it's a bug related to your system or related to the extension. If DB
check doesn't work too, please file a bug report at bugs.typo3.org otherwise
I might change the extension to behave as a container that will make the
original DB check available for non admins too, if the TYPO3 version is high
enough.

Thx

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian