[TYPO3-english] SOLVED (almost) No 'nice text' rendering + GMENU for multilanguage is NOT working ok

mario m at mariochiari.net
Fri Sep 25 08:54:21 CEST 2009

Il giorno gio, 24/09/2009 alle 17.39 +0200, JoH asenau ha scritto:
> > I fixed it as so:

> > LEFT-MARKER = CONTENT
> >    LEFT-MARKER {
> >       table = tt_content
> >       select.orderBy = sorting
> >       select.where = colPos = 1 AND sys_language_uid = 0   <<<<<<
> >    }
> >

> >    MIDDLE-MARKER = CONTENT
> >    MIDDLE-MARKER {
> >       table = tt_content
> >       select.orderBy = sorting
> >       select.where = colPos = 0 AND sys_language_uid = 0   <<<<<<<
> >    }
> >
> > It works fine, even if I do not like it, I think I should not need to
> > add the sys_language_uid = 0.
>
> You don't have to :-)
>
> select.languageField = sys_language_uid
>
> should do the job

yes, it does and it is better. Thanks.

However, my point is that we should not need either solution, since TS
includes:

config.sys_language_uid = 0
config.language = it
config.linkVars = L

[globalVar = GP:L=1]
 config {
 sys_language_uid = 1 <<<<< it should be enough, shouldn't?
 language = en
 }
[global]

config.sys_language_overlay = 1
config.sys_language_mode = content_fallback;0

Most likely, I am missing something on how the core code is working
here.
my best wishes
mario