[TYPO3-english] Problem with my simple selfmade extension

Michael Miousse mmiousse at infoglobe.ca
Thu Sep 24 13:50:00 CEST 2009

Le Thu, 24 Sep 2009 12:51:17 +0200, Richard Jäger a écrit :

> Hey,
> i made for the first time my own extension and this extension is really
> simple.
>
> The functions are all working in the backend, but in the frontend i cant
> see all things.
>
> The extension is working like that:
> You can create a category (tx_rjwarenliste_category), after that you can
> create a subcategory (tx_rjwarenliste_subcategory) and choose the
> maincategory to it.
> After that you can create customers (tx_rjwarenliste_customers) and
> choose a subcategory to it.
>
> That is working so far, but in my frontend i just can see the
> maincategories and not the rest.
> Normally it should be like: You click on the maincat, then you can see
> all subcategories and if you click on a subcat then you can see the
> customers of it.
>
> It would be very nice if someone could look at my extension, it would be
> more then nice.
>
> http://www.gupta-verlag.de/fileadmin/templates/rj_warenliste.t3x
>

> To all, thanks a lot in advance

I took a look at your extension.

from what i saw, you never did any query to get
the subcategory list for a category. so its pretty normal that you cant see
subcats from the main cat.

and i would advise you to take  a look at the class tslib_content.
in the pi_base, there is an instance of that class at your disposal( $this->cObj)

and in that class their is alot usefull functions. But mainly i would suggest you to look
at templating methodes (substituteMarker,getSubpart...)
you can take a look at ohters extension for exemples (tt_address is very sweete for exemple)

have a nice day