[TYPO3-english] SOLVED (almost) No 'nice text' rendering + GMENU for multilanguage is NOT working ok

mario m at mariochiari.net
Thu Sep 24 12:25:32 CEST 2009

Il giorno lun, 21/09/2009 alle 16.26 +0200, mario ha scritto:
> Hello
>
> I am suffering two issues:
>
> 1. the install test "Testing GDLib / Render text with TrueType font
> using 'niceText' option" just returns a purple square, without the
> 'Hello World' line being visible;

It seems that I need
[gdlib_png]= 1

> 2. the usual way to have a FE Language Selector GMenu (Frontend
> Localization Guide, doc_l10nguides; see code below ) returns a larger
> than expected, one color .gif, whose color is just given by
> 1.ACT.backColor = red.

fixed by above, I believe.
hence, the FE language selector flags are .png files. (bug or feature?)

I have a new issue. On the translated page, translated content elements
are rendered twice. I guess it is somethibg silly, but I do not see how to fix it yet.

help is welcome
thanks
mario