[TYPO3-english] linking to records

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 23 07:23:59 CEST 2009

Hi Lex,

Lex Thoonen wrote:
> I installed RTE Generic Records so i would be able to link to records
> of tt_news.

I used that extension a while ago, but I didn't realize that it -- as
the name suggested -- only works for making links from an RTE. You can't
use it for link fields anywhere else (Flexible Content Elements in
TemplaVoila for example).

AOE linkhandler [1] works with any link field and RTE's. It comes
preconfigured for tt_news and is pretty easy.

The manual was easy to follow and I got links working to various types
of records.

[1] http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/linkhandler/current/

Regards,
--