[TYPO3-english] Adding new tables for fe_user

Bernhard Stähli ben at grooves.ch
Tue Sep 22 13:23:59 CEST 2009

> First I started to think in extending kickstarter way:.but then I realized
> that I don't need any actions in BE, but only in FE.
> If I go in second option I mentioned, will I experience difficulties  to
> connect to db and make db queries or I can also use $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']
> queries.

hi,

you could add tables / relations just as you want, but it always a good
point to have your tables properly defined in TCA and the TYPO3 internal
.sql Files (let TYPO3 know about them). Otherwise, one day an
adminstrator might use the Install Tool's Database Analyser "Update
Tables" function, which will not find your tables...and maybe just
remove them.

so spoken, first or second way doesn't matter, you should choose the one
that best fits your needs.

regards,
ben