[TYPO3-english] Sponsorship for mnogosearch + restricted content

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 08:06:21 CEST 2009

Hi!

Jigal van Hemert wrote:
> Both extensions do need to implement some 'must have' features in order
> to become the search engines which todays clients require.

This is too abstract to cause any action from my side. Unless you have something like a list of wanted features, I cannot do anything :)

> Oh, and please don't fight! Share :-)

I do not see a reason or need for fighting. I do not do business with mnogosearch and I see no need to compete with anyone or market mnogosearch as the best solution ever. I use it personally and this is what matters for me. If others find it useful, cool for me but not more than that.

Regarding DKD and Solr. DKD is a great company, they did a lot of cool sites and they want to do business with Solr. Why not? They are there to earn money and they chose Solr for reasons only they know and Ingo did a good job on Solr TYPO3 extension. There is no reason for fighting, I think DKD should get their reward for a good work through new and more customers :) I am sure they can support their clients' needs very well with Solr. It is good for everybody because it works for TYPO3's good too!

Regarding me and mnogosearch. Originally I implemented mnogosearch for my own projects because 5 minutes of waiting for a single search with indexed search was totally inadequate. Mnogosearch gave me 0.003 sec on the same data (nearly 30,000 records that time and over 1,500,000 now with nearly the same time). Mnogosearch works perfectly for me: sections, synonyms, word grammar forms, spelling check, speed — this is what I required at that project and got easily. It has far more features that I use or implemented for TYPO3. These features are easily accessible for anyone who can read official mnogosearch docs at mnogosearch.org. The rest of existing extension features (like record indexing or file indexing) was implemented by request from TYPO3 users. Since I have everything that I need personally, I can only add features that people ask specifically (like restricted content search). I cannot implement the feature named "must have" because it is not really a feature descript
ion :) Give me a list and I will see if I have time and wish to do it. It is that simple.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dmitryd