[TYPO3-english] Use DAM categories for tt_news

Rik Willems rik at actiview.nl
Mon Sep 21 17:06:01 CEST 2009

Hi Dan,

I found the hook processDatamapClassHook that could do something. But I
give up. This is getting way too much into the core for me. Risk of
doing something wrong become too high for me.

For now I use a different solution. But, I'm not sure whether this is an
accepted on. I deleted the tt_news_cat table. The tt_news specific rows
I added to the tx_dam_cat table. From this table I created a view that I
called tt_news_cat. In this view I included 'parent_id as
parent_category' so that tt_news can read the parent relationships. This
seems to work out quite well.

Greets, Rik