[TYPO3-english] Use DAM categories for tt_news

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Mon Sep 21 16:47:45 CEST 2009

> I read through much stuff concerning your suggestion but can't find
> anything useful. Can you give some hints on how to do this?

Well - you don't have to :-)
Go and get our extesion tagpack from the TER.
You can tag records from almost any table with it.

It comes with it's own categories as an addon but you don't have to use
them.
Since a tag itself is nothing but a kind of "category" it should do exactly
what you want.
It comes with a "tagcloud" and a "tagged elements" plugin.