[TYPO3-english] Upgrade 4.2.6 to 4.2.8 compare dabase tables

worryxp2003 at gmail.com worryxp2003 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 16:09:04 CEST 2009

Hi,

When I upgrade T3 from 4.2.6 to 4.2.8, I followed the steps on here:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/installation/doc_inst_upgr/1.1.0/view/1/5/
Then I met the comparing database issue. It suggested me to do the following
changes to tables and fields.(shown below)
The first time I followed them. After all the changes, the message "broken
rootline" appeared. Did I do something wrong to the tables?
Now I use my backup to recover the site, and return to the tables issue
again. What should I do next?

Remove unused fields (rename with prefix)
(EXT) ALTER TABLE pages CHANGE tx_realurl_pathsegment
zzz_deleted_tx_realurl_pathsegment varchar(60) NOT NULL default '';
(EXT) ALTER TABLE pages CHANGE tx_realurl_exclude
zzz_deleted_tx_realurl_exclude int(1) NOT NULL default '0';
(EXT) ALTER TABLE pages_language_overlay CHANGE tx_realurl_pathsegment
zzz_deleted_tx_realurl_pathsegment varchar(60) NOT NULL default '';
(EXT) ALTER TABLE tx_events_eventlist CHANGE l10n_parent
zzz_deleted_l10n_parent int(11) NOT NULL default '0';
(EXT) ALTER TABLE tx_events_eventlist CHANGE l10n_diffsource
zzz_deleted_l10n_diffsource mediumtext;
(EXT) ALTER TABLE tx_training_courses CHANGE l10n_parent
zzz_deleted_l10n_parent int(11) NOT NULL default '0';
(EXT) ALTER TABLE tx_training_courses CHANGE l10n_diffsource
zzz_deleted_l10n_diffsource mediumtext;
(EXT) ALTER TABLE tx_training_courses CHANGE category zzz_deleted_category
tinytext;
Drop fields (really!)
ALTER TABLE sys_domain DROP KEY tx_realurl;
ALTER TABLE tx_events_eventlist DROP KEY description;
Removing tables (rename with prefix)
(EXT) ALTER TABLE tx_realurl_chashcache RENAME
zzz_deleted_tx_realurl_chashcache;

(EXT) ALTER TABLE tx_realurl_errorlog RENAME
zzz_deleted_tx_realurl_errorlog;
Records in table: 309
(EXT) ALTER TABLE tx_realurl_pathcache RENAME
zzz_deleted_tx_realurl_pathcache;

(EXT) ALTER TABLE tx_realurl_redirects RENAME
zzz_deleted_tx_realurl_redirects;

(EXT) ALTER TABLE tx_realurl_uniqalias RENAME
zzz_deleted_tx_realurl_uniqalias;

(EXT) ALTER TABLE tx_realurl_urldecodecache RENAME
zzz_deleted_tx_realurl_urldecodecache;

(EXT) ALTER TABLE tx_realurl_urlencodecache RENAME
zzz_deleted_tx_realurl_urlencodecache;

Thank you.
Warrior