[TYPO3-english] Sponsorship for mnogosearch + restricted content

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 16:40:07 CEST 2009

Hi!

Jigal van Hemert wrote:
> d.k.d. seems to have a solution for both indexing and searching restricted
> content according to user privileges in their new solr based search
> extension (extbase extension) since they list it as one of the features.
>
> Maybe this can somehow be used for Mnogosearch too?

Do you mean the information from the podcast? I heard they ~plan~ to do it but I do not know if they did. There are no docs and no ChangeLog. I had a quick look to the extension, there are many classes but I do not fancy digging into them right now. I think I have ideas already how to make user-based restrictions. I will need to prove them in October.

I must tell certain things about mnoGoSearch that are currently different from Solr:
- it stays compatible with 4.2 (not Extbase-d)
- it does not require Java enterprise server
- it is fully documented and free (there is no "private" version)
- anyone can use it by simply following the manual, which describes everything in details

In general, I think it is good that we have indexed search, mnogosearch, lucene and now solr. The more the better. Everyone can choose his preferred solution, which is great! Who knows, may be I have used Lucene if I did not find mnoGoSearch first :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dmitryd