[TYPO3-english] Powermail and unique property

Mark Kuiphuis spam at markyourweb.com
Mon Sep 14 08:54:00 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I'm setting up Powermail with the restriction that people can only fill
in the form once by using the following typoscript from Powermail.

plugin.powermail.enable.unique = uid3

Where uid3 is the e-mail address provided by the person who fills in the
form.

Although this is working when we try to use our e-mail address twice
(let's say: email at email.com) it doesn't work when we use
"email at email.com" and "EMAIL at EMAIL.COM" or "email at EMAIL.COM". Now I
believe that officially it's not allowed to use capitals in e-mail
addresses, but since people are going to use it anyway.

When I add the following typoscript in the SETUP part of the template:

plugin.tx_powermail_pi1 {
	mode {
		dblog {
			uid3 = TEXT
			uid3.field = uid3
			uid3.stdWrap.case = lower
		}
	}
}

the value is nicely converted to lowercase. However the "unique" check
is, if I am correct, done on the field: "sender" in the table:
tx_powermail_mails.

So is there a way to check for provided e-mail addresses in a
case-insensitive way?

Kind regards,

Mark Kuiphuis