[TYPO3-english] $TCA configuration

David Bruchmann typo3-en at bruchmann-web.de
Fri Sep 11 19:02:05 CEST 2009

Von:        Dmitry Dulepov <dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com>
Gesendet:   Freitag, 11. September 2009 18:36:43

Hi Dimitry,

> Tomaz Zaman wrote:
>> Is there a way i could use another field as a foreign key, like category
>> name for example so the 'category' field in my main table would look
>> like: 'category2name, category66name, category7name' ?
>
> Not automatically with TYPO3 forms.
>
> Why do you needs this? May be your real purpose can be solved in a better way?

Perhaps we mean different things but chosing content from different
tables by 1 queryfield in editform is possible by changing the TCA:

$TCA[-CURRENT_TABLE-]['columns'][-FIELD-]['allowed'] =
'foreign_table_1,foreign_table_2';

Data are saved as 'foreign_table_1:3,foreign_table_2:5'

Best Regards
David