[TYPO3-english] direct mail problem - permissions

Gary Greer gary at accurateit.com.au
Mon Sep 7 05:15:03 CEST 2009

Hi All,

running direct mail on a php5 / apache 2 host - it's brand new and
ALMOST everything is going well.

My problem is that when I set up a direct mail, it comes back with a
server error. It's the same 403 error that tells me that I need to turn
off the security for a directory using .htaccess.

The steps are 1. select internal page for direct mail - able to be
viewed fine
2. retrieve page - comes back with an error.

My question is - what script is retrieving the page, and what
directories is it using to write temporary files to? I think this is the
problem, as I only get the error when the script retrieves the page.

Thanks for any help!

Gary