[TYPO3-english] question about lib and temp

Daniel Rutzen ardan at gmx.net
Sat Sep 5 00:11:05 CEST 2009

Hello,

I'm trying to improve my template setup code, and have a question about
the usage of lib and temp, wich a lot of people use.

At the moment, my template look kinda like this:

page.10 = TEMPLATE
page.10{

   template = FILE
   template.file = fileadmin/templates/new/index.html
   workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT_BODY

   subparts.content < styles.content.get
   subparts.contentright < styles.content.getRight

   subparts.mainnavi = HMENU
   subparts.mainnavi {
     entryLevel = 0

     #1st level
     1 = TMENU
     1.NO.wrapItemAndSub= <li> | </li>
    }
}

So, how exactly do the lib/temp come in?

I assume, I would use lib. and temp. when I want to split the menu
definition from within the page-code, like this?

temp.mainnavi = HMENU
temp.mainnavi{
     entryLevel = 0

     #1st level
     1 = TMENU
     1.NO.wrapItemAndSub= <li> | </li>
}

And then include it again using < , right?

page.10 = TEMPLATE
page.10{

   template = FILE
   template.file = fileadmin/templates/new/index.html
   workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT_BODY

   subparts.content < styles.content.get
   subparts.contentright < styles.content.getRight

   subparts.mainnavi < temp.mainnavi  [OR shall I use lib.mainnavi?]

}

So, did I use  "temp" correct, or should I use lib ?
I cant seem to find any reference to that...

cheers