[TYPO3-english] TemplaVoila and Template Selector

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Sep 4 18:57:07 CEST 2009

Hi,

> I am begginer in Typo3 world and this is my very first post.
> Recently I got task to modify some web site in dev phase. Site is made
> according to mockup using TemplaVoila plugin.
> At the left is left menu column, then, center column with content, and
> at the right banner section column.
>
> Now problem is that some more functionality need to be added.
>
> - There are 2 groups of users for site
> - Upon logging in through FE, in left column at the top, there will be
> different additional menu for each group
>
> is it posible to use Template Selector for this?
> Idea is to use uid of the each group and to present different parts of
> the left column template...

You will have to define your menu using TypoScript and you'll be able to add additional entries or create 100% different menus using a TypoScript condition. It will be automatic and you won't have to
manually select different template for this.

HTH

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en