[TYPO3-english] CoolURI URL cannot exceed 45 chars. Bug or configuration?

Thu Sep 3 08:55:53 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I'm having difficulties with CoolURI.

As soon as the CoolURI cached URL exceeds 45 characters, things go wrong.
When URL is 46 chars, clicking the link results in returning to the homepage,
46+ chars. result in an 404-error.

I've already downloaded all changed files from dev-version in forge and updated
the live version, but the problem persists.

The issue is rather annoying, because all the URL's from my ab_linklist extension
are longer then 45 characters.

Example:
CoolURI url "links/categorie/algemeen/3d-schieten/50/showlink/" (49 chars)
doesn't work -> 404
"links/categorie/algemeen/3d-schieten/50/showl/" (46 chars) doesn't work
-> rootpage shown
URL "links/categorie/algemeen/3d-schieten/50/show/" (45 chars) does work

CoolURI URL is stored correctly in database table link_cache.

Maximum URL (domain + CoolURI) is less then 255 chars.

Thus, the question is:
Is this a configuration issue or a bug in CoolURI? And (most important),
can it be solved?

Kind regards,
Roy van Lamoen