[TYPO3-english] including tt_content in templavoila template

René van Densen statusnil at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 14:25:19 CEST 2009

Typo3 version: 4.2.6

Hi all,

I've been asked to 'dynamically' fill a section of the website with content
from a page. This, so that the client can modify that himself. I've been
trying a lot of different things but I really can't seem to get it working,
so I'm hoping someone in the community can give me a little push in the
right direction. I've been looking at TSRef and many, many listed examples
on the web and messing with this for a day and a half now, but nothing I try
seems yet to yield any results.

Within a Templavoila template used on my website, I've mapped an element
with the following properties:
-> within container 'ROOT'
--> mapping type: element
--> title: Copyright+logo   // this is purely cosmetic, right ?
--> field: field_bottom_banner
--> editing Type: Typoscript ObjectPath
----> Object Path: lib.bottom_banner
--> no other values filled in.

As you can see in the HOME template Typoscript snippet below, I've tried out
many variations (there's a lot of info out there, but none of these seem to
work). Anyone have any experience with this *not* working, and if so, what
should I check/look for ? Because as far as I can tell, this *should* just
be textbook stuff right ?

Thanks for any tips you may be able to provide,

René van Densen

# Logo, copyright, contact bottom right DOES NOT WORK YET
lib.bottom_banner = CONTENT
lib.bottom_banner {
#    source = 230 # content item PID
#    table = tt_content
    select {
        pidInList = 102 # source page PID
    }
#    conf.tt_content = TEXT
#    conf.tt_content {
#        parseFunc < lib.parseFunc_RTE
#    }
}

#lib.bottom_banner.conf.tt_content = HTML
#lib.bottom_banner.conf.tt_content.value.field = bodytext
#lib.bottom_banner.conf.tt_content.value.parseFunc < lib.parseFunc
#lib.bottom_banner.source = 230