[TYPO3-english] Allow .flv for CE "multimedia"?

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed Sep 2 09:39:43 CEST 2009

Hi Bert,

> Yes, I was aware of this new CE  for Multimedia in 4.3 >, great!!!
>
> Would it possible to "back-port" this functionality somehow to the 4.2
> branch?

Rules say that new features cannot be included in already-released
versions, meaning this new CE won't be backported to 4.2.x but if you
really want to have it in 4.2 for some reasons, you may try to do it
yourself.

Beware that work may be higher than expected and that your modified
version of TYPO3 "won't be supported anymore", meaning you won't be able
to report problems related to your changes and you'll have to backport
it again for each new release of the 4.2 branch...

In short the question is why not wait for 4.3? It should be released...
eventually :-)

--
Xavier Perseguers
MVC ExtJS Leader